I'm a primary school teacher, currently working in Year 4. It struck me today that the children have a very different approach to me being fat than adults. In pictures they draw of me, I am always thin and pretty and they never use my weight against me (they tend to find anything else to throw at us!). My favourite comment was from an eight year old last year, who told me I wasn't fat, I was cuddly! How sweet!
They know that I am trying to eat healthier and are so supportive. It's strange getting most of my support from a bunch of little kids but it does make me smile. We are supposed to be good role models for them (and most of them don't have good role models outside of school) and I think a thinner, healthier me can only be a good thing for them to see.
Anyhoo, pretty good food day today. I'd planned it all out but woke up late and ended up grabbing things and leaving. Still managed to keep within my points though. Tonight it's chicken baked in a spicy tomato sauce with red pepper and olives. mmmmmmmmmmm.

Thats so true Kimberlina! I too am a teacher and apart from the odd few comments during my 6yrs of teaching the children seem to see past weight and they love you for who you are anyhow. Good Luck with your journey I have become a follower as I would be interested in seeing how you are doing! Take care and here's to a thinner you xxx
ReplyDelete